Monday, November 7, 2011

Tiny Tale Time...Pain....Misery....Ice packs....

And now I bring to you a true story.

It was Recess on Nvember 7th, 2011. At about 12:45 PM, I decided to play four-square with Ella, Ashley, Cami, Melina, and Kate. (Jaz was at Math Club.) Ashley decided to get a basketball to play with. And THEN, they decide, "Hey, let's kick it!"

I am not a foot-eye coordinated person.

I kicked it, and got out. "Darnit..." I muttered. I went out and stood next to Ella, who was waiting in line.

"Hey!" She said, as I stood in front of her. "I'm next, Mrs.!" she exclaimed.

"Mrs.?" I asked. "Since when have I gotten married?"

A wicked gleam flickered in her eyes. "To Poseidon." she smiled. (She calls me Athena, and she laughs at the whole Pothena thing. Neither of us are really fans.)

Thinking I won, I laughed. "Poseidon doesn't have a last name, Ella." I told her.

"Uh...then Jeromy!" she said. "What's Jeromy's last name again?" she asked. Jeromy is my nerdy 10th grade neighbor. He's hilarious, but a huge nerd. I would never go for him.

"I'm not telling you. But just so you know, I'd rather marry Po- OUCH!" And then, the basketball flew and hit my face.

"SUZIE! I'M SO SORRY!" Cami yelled. "It-it was an accident! Are you okay?"

My face was numb. My right eye hurt, but besides that I felt nothing. Tears welled up (unitentionally! I'm NOT a cry baby) and threatened to escape. I began laughing, though. "I' fine!" I yelled back. "I can't feel it!"

"Are you sure?" Cami asked.

I nodded, but Ella yelled, "NURSE!" and began pulling me away. I didn't go to the nurse, I just went to my Mom's room. She teaches a lower grade at my school. I asked Ms. Zayling, my awesome writing/reading/english teacher, if I could go get some medicine. She let me go, and Ella came along.

"Mom!" I said. "Cami accidentally hit me with a ball. My face hurts." I interrupted her class. I tend to do that a lot. Instead of being annoyed, she let me take some pain pills.

Ella stood in the front, quite happy with all the kindergarteners' attention to her. "What happened o Suzie?" One asked.

"A basketball hit her in the face," Ella laughed.

A kid stood up. "I play basketball!" Another yelled, "I play football!"

"Hello, Ella, how are you?" My mom asked.

"I'm good, thanks." Ella said. We were off. As we got back outside, a ball came flying over our heads, and I ducked.

Now, I'm sitting on my couch with ice on the back of my head and on my right temple. Oh...the pain...

Hope you had a better day than me!
~Suzie

My ice pack...
My medicine...

2 comments:

  1. Haha...I remember that! And there was also a little girl who was all like "My name is Ella, too!" And you forgot where I told Cami that you needed surgery. Still, haha!

    ~Ella

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aghhh that must've hurt I'm sorry I missed that. Ella filled me in except for she told it a little bit *differently*. Mostly she talked about how you were in the emergency room.... Oh well, i'm glad you're fine now!

    ReplyDelete