Friday, November 11, 2011

Service Hours

Tiny Tale Time (:

So today, a LOT of people did some service hours. Those people included me, and my friends, Jazmine, Melina, Mickey, and MANY more people. First, we had to pack up candy in bags for the poor. We had, like, twelve boxes full of bagged candy! After that, we had to put together boxes. This is where the fun comes in...

Jazmine and my cheerleading friend, Daisy, were in one group. Melina and Jenny were in another. Jenny's one of the more popular girls, but she's nice. Then, two girls in the older grade, Patricia and Gemma, were in another. Patricia, like me, is a teacher's daughter, and our moms are best friends, so we are, too.

Basically, Jazmine asked if I could take the box she had finished into the storage room, since she had about ten more to do (and this was only the first round). I took the box, and then Patricia yelled, "Suzie! Can you take our box for us, too?" And thus, the buisness began.

Normally, without break, Jenny and Melina would give me one, then Patricia and Gemma, and finally, Jazmine and Daisy. Somewhere along the way, I would end up with another box. Normally, I had three to four boxes I had to carry. TALL boxes, and I'm VERY SHORT! Chloe and Gabrielle, two of my friends, were counting every. single. box. Yeah, they had the most boring job.

Mickey,a super hyper kid in my grade, is also making boxes with his friend. As I was walking to the storage room, he tripped me. On purpose. I yelled at him and left. After that, we actually had a good routine going. Either he would toss me a box or would slide one down the huge table in the cafeteria, where this was located, and I would use it as the bottom one, going and getting more boxes.

Once, I tried handling five tall boxes stacked on each other. Not only did they fall, but I almost did, too. Smooth, Suzie. Way to be suave.

According to Chloe, we had over 170 boxes done by the end.

After this, Jazmine, Gabrielle, Jenny and I did my routine "1, 2, 3, KICK!" What "1, 2, 3, KICK!" is, is that we hop in place facing one direction three times, and then kick our right foot high in the air. Then, we face the other directions and repeat. After that, Mickey started a finger war where we used fingers as guns. I of course, did not get involved until the end, when I 'Avada Kedavra'-ed the people playing. Win.

After that, we were recruited back to work. We had to load boxes with canned food, and halfway through it, Jaz had to leave...leaving me with TWO stations to do. Grrr...but soon after, another person filled it.

Before we packed boxes, Chloe found that thing where you put boxes on it on the small ledge and you push it. Naturally, we started messing around, and I got on it, and she pushed me around for a bit. Then, Jazmine had her turn.

Think we're crazy yet?
~Suzie

1 comment: